Friday, December 16, 2011

Stocking Addiction!

Stockings are one of my favorite Christmas decorations and traditions. Growing up I had a classic Red one with my name on top and everyone in the family had a different one. For some reason I love when everyone has a stocking that represents them and that are a little more individualistic and I think that goes back to the fact in my family they were all different.

Anyway, Christmas stockings are on the list of items someone who knows how to sew should never buy and being that I have greatly improved my sewing skills in 2011 I thought it was time I whipped up a few. This one below I made last night for our niece Jaiden, she didn't ask for it, but I know she will love it! The fabric is from Micheal Miller and I got it on sale!!! For the batting I used scraps from my latest Christmas quilt, I picked up a half yard of the poms, and in total, with plenty more fabric to work with, this stocking cost at most $7 to make!  I can not wait to see her get excited about having a pink stocking!

 

In other sewing news, I also just finished a Christmas quilt that is totally different than anything I have done before. It is very traditional design with dark warm colors. I have also been enjoying my wonky star Christmas pants. I will post more soon!

I am loving this holiday season!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. omg these are soooo cute! I love lewies eyes looking up at them too :D

    ReplyDelete