Sunday, July 1, 2012

Wedding Quilt for Breanna

 Breannas wedding was now 2 weeks ago!!! Times flys during a rainy June I guess.  Her colors for the special day were purple and gray. From the second she decided on this I began finding and hunting down purple fabrics to make her this quilt I had dreamed up in my head. I was excited to work with purple so excited in fact that I ended up with 10 different purples!
 There are 360 squares on the front made up of 10 different purple fabrics, solid gray and a lacey sparkle fabric. After cutting all the squares I paried each purple with a gray or a lace gray and than randomly pulled the pairings out of a brown paper bag to make the rows. I wanted the design to be as random as possble to get a scrappy effect.
I think the plan worked out well. The colors mixed throughout the pattern and the lace sparkle mixed in randomly added some interest to the non purple spaces.
 After much debate I decided to do a simple quilting design with diagnal crossing lines. I love the affect it gave the quilt almost as if dimond shapes were individual quilt blocks.

 This quilt is huge. We had to take fence pictures because it was way to big to hold up. So sorry no moutain in the background pics. :(
 I put the tag on the frong this go around.
 Think it worked nicely with this design.
For the back I did large stripes with one gray stripe down the middle with M+B=Heart on the side.
I applicaed the letters on. Which came out very nice with this light purple metalic fabric.
 Here is a look at the stripes. I really like the mix. made it a little  more fun than just one back fabric. I choose my two favorates. Bought them out of the lighter one. Had to keep some for my stash.
 And in the end 360 squares lived happily ever after!

No comments:

Post a Comment