Monday, August 22, 2011

Found My Colors

I have decided to take a leap of faith and do a quilt-a-long (QAL) out here in the blogging world before seeing the end design. I have done them before, but when I can reach each step and understand before taking my rotary cutter to the fabric. So really I have just used QAL's as tutorials, not really Quilting Along at the same pace. But now..I am going to do it! This QAL is called the Dead Simple QAL.

Dead Simple Quiltalong

Dead Simple, I think I can do that! The idea is that everyone must pick a pallet of color from a website like design seeds and use the pallet for fabric selection. After some debate this is the pallet I have selected.
I don't think it could be any more me! I had been sure about another until I found this today. Pretty much perfect!

Anyway, I am told that in this Dead Simple Quilt A Long the colors will be the stars of the show instead of the cuts and layout. So we will see. I will keep you posted. But for now, I am just going to enjoy staring at my lucky colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment